Cannabidiol (CBD) Labels
CBD LabelsProper cannabidiol (CBD) labeling and packaging is crucial to compliance with state laws. Each state has its own requirements or lack of requirements, and they differ significantly. This forces CBD suppliers to meet complex medical marijuana labeling standards, often facing substantial labeling costs and a high risk of error. And as the laws change, the labels must change too. To overcome this, Vivid Data Group offers great solutions to enable in-house medical marijuana label printing and management. Our solutions allow your business to:
- Print all cannabidiol (CBD labels in-house at your production facility
- Maintain a single central database of all of you CBD label templates
- Make label changes at the template level and instantly push them out to your entire operation—across multiple states and jurisdictions if needed
- Track the CBD labels used by the state and make immediate, central changes to all labels when a state requirement changes
The 3 Biggest Challenges for CBD LabelsAll CBD companies must ensure that their products are child-proof, tamper-proof, and the CBD label is compliant according to local laws. In many cases, the CBD label cost far outstrips the cost of meeting the packaging guidelines themselves—but this can be overcome. The three biggest CBD label hurdles we see for companies are:
- State-by-state regulations. The main states where legal cannabis products are sold include California, Colorado, Oregon, Washington, and Michigan. Each of these states has its own unique labeling requirements including CBD labels. Cannabidiol suppliers run into trouble when attempting to use either “generic” CBD labels that cover all possibilities, or when trying to maintain separate, up-to-date label templates for each state without a single source of truth.
- Errors when changing labels. Cannabidiol and CBD label laws and requirements change constantly. When they do, old label templates have to be updated and much care and effort must go into rolling out the changes uniformly across your organization. This can take a lot of time and money to manage and also create situations for costly errors.
- Inefficient label management process. Many cannabis companies find that updating and managing their labels is a process that takes weeks or months. This may be due to not having a standard approach, lack of labeling software or simply because their current label management platform is difficult to use.
- Maintain a small number of CBD label templates and swap information as needed for each state
- Use a secure central database as the single source of truth for all CBD labels printed organization-wide—with changes going into effect in real-time
- Make CBD labels according to current requirements in hours, not weeks or months
Start Saving Money on Your CBD Labels TodayIn-plant label production can be painless, even when you add new products every month. Let Vivid Data Group help you achieve effective, low-cost labeling for:
- Cannabis Leaf
- Vape Products
- THC Oils & Extracts
- All other legal marijuana products