ZPL-ABILITY and Enterprise-ABILITY
The C6500 is one of the first color inkjet label printers to offer ZPL II (Zebra Programming Language) compatibility for enterprise-level label printing. They can be used as a direct “plug and play” replacement for your existing thermal label printers running ZPL. If you are ordering pre-printed labels and running them through thermal label printers to print the variable data, the new Epson C6500 color inkjet label printer can easily replace your existing thermal label printers and print both the color images and the variable data all in one pass – eliminating the need for you to carry a costly inventory of preprinted labels. Running SAP? The C6500 offers out-of-the-box integration with SAP.
Depend-ABILITY and Mission Critical-ABILITY
The Epson C6500 color inkjet label printers are built tough and are able to withstand the rigors of mission-critical label printing – on the production floor, on the shipping dock, and in the warehouse. Just like your existing thermal label printers, you can depend on the C6500 series color inkjet label printers to reliably print labels for your mission-critical labeling needs with minimal downtime. And they are backed up by Epson’s robust ExpressCare™ service program, with options for onsite and depot service, and extended warranty programs.
The Epson ColorWorks C6500 produces crisp high-resolution color output using PrecisonCore CMYK pigment ink printing technology. The printed color image is very durable and able to withstand handling, abrasion, moisture and resist fading. There are 5 print quality settings with resolutions up to 1200 x 1200. The C6500 label printer prints color labels from 1” up to 8.34” wide. It’s perfect for printing 6” color labels, 8” chemical drum GHS labels, and 2-up color labels.
The Epson C6500 color inkjet label printer offers peel and present or automated cutter options. The peel and present option makes labeling easier by enabling operators to send a large batch print job and the printer prints one label at a time with the liner already removed. The “label taken” sensor senses when the operator takes the label before it prints the next one. The remote I/O capabilities enable these printers to easily integrate with automated label applicators for a true “print-one-apply-one” automated workflow.
The C6500 features a full-color touchscreen panel that displays printer status label media settings and ink levels. Both label rolls and fanfold labels are supported and the cover opens in both directions for easy access. The printers offer Remote Printer Management, enabling organizations to manage fleets of printers. Checking consumable status, updating firmware, confirming errors, etc. can be managed from a central location using the C6500 series of printers. Using the “spot color replacement” feature, users can easily change the color without changing the original artwork. ICC color profiles can be uploaded directly to the printer. And Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems are fully supported.
The new ColorWorks models deliver dependable, commercial inkjet printing with fast-drying, durable color inks and enhanced productivity, while offering cost and inventory reduction compared to using pre-printed labels.
- Reliable — Engineered by Epson for demanding applications; backed by industry-leading service and support
- First Printer Specifically Designed as a Color Upgrade to Black-Only Thermal Transfer Printers1 — Designed with similar media handling capabilities, speed, features and connectivity options, all at a comparable price point
- Enhanced Productivity — Eliminates the need to pre-print; speeds up to 5-inches per second3; fast time to the first label
- Astounding Image Quality – Up to 1200 dpi resolution with various droplet sizes; crisp images comparable to pre-printed labels
- Seamless Integration — Compatible with ZPL II, major middleware, SAP, Windows®, Mac®, and Linux
- Remote Printer Management — For managing large fleets over the network
- Peel-and-Present — C6500P offers fast, on-demand print-and-apply applications
- Auto Cutter — C6500A comes standard with auto cutter, ideal for fast, on-demand applications
- Applicator I/O Control Port for Automated Workflow — Supports I/O commands; can be integrated into nearly any workflow
- CW-C6000A 4″ Label Printer with Auto Cutter
- CW-C6500A 8″ Label Printer with Auto Cutter
- CW-C6000P 4″ Label Printer with Peeler
- CW-C6500P 8″ Label Printer with Peeler
The new ColorWorks C6500 series of on-demand label printer models will be available in January 2020 through Epson’s authorized partner, Vivid Data Group.
1 The CW-C6500 family is the first to bring to market the combination of features of direct ZPL II printing, peel-and-present, remote printer management, companion four- and eight-inch models, applicator I/O interface, broad middleware support, and comparable price points.
2 Printers and consumable costs are similar when comparing similarly featured leading brand thermal transfer printers and supplies for similar high durability images on similar media.
3 Printing in Max Speed Mode, 300 x 600 dpi, 3.5” (89mm) print width.
4 ColorWorks CW-C6500 inkjet printers with UltraChrome® DL pigment ink, used in combination with Neenah Kimdura™ poly media, has been BS 5609 certified.