Applying With Precision
Are you looking to expand and streamline your operations as you bring products to the market? Whether you want to automate your labeling process, reduce labeling costs, or improve the consistency of your operations, Vivid Data Group will help you find the right label applicator. Applicator machines are reliable, flexible, robust and can be configured for a wide range of applications. Whether a label is to be applied to individual products, or to a pallet of goods awaiting shipment, the same fundamental requirements for traceability, legibility, and clarity apply.
Manual label applicators and multi-roll label dispensers are useful for small jobs. The operator pulls the liner or backing paper around a plate or a bar, peeling the label away from the liner. High-speed electric label dispensers are often used in industrial settings. When the operator removes a label, a sensor detects its absence and switches the motor to advance the label roll. The label is pulled over a strip plate, which separates the label and its liner.
Electric label dispensers use either a photosensor or a limit switch as a sensor. Specialized label dispensers of both manual and electric types are designed for labels of unusual size or material such as bottle and jar labels, die-cut parts, and hang tabs.
- LABELMATE BOTTLEMATE-1510P-2: Automatic Label Applicator for Cylindrical Containers.
- LABELMATE BOTTLEMATE-910P-2: Automatic Label Applicator for Cylindrical Containers.
- LABELMATE BOTTLEMATE-712M: Manual Label Applicator with Hold-Down Arm and Roller for Cylindrical Containers.
- Auto Labe MODEL 390: Automatic Horizontal Wraparound Label Applicator
- Auto Labe MODEL 550: Semi-Automatic Round Product Labeler
- Auto Labe MODEL 560: Semi-Automatic Tamp Down Labeler
- Auto Labe MODEL 620: Round Product Labeling System is designed for partial or full wraparound labeling of round products and one sided labeling of square or rectangular products.
Pack Leader USA
- PRO-215: Top Labeling Machine
- ELF-20: Tabletop Top Labeling Machine
- PL-211: Top Labeling Machine
- SL-10: Shrink Sleeve Labeling Machine
What Are Label Applicators?
Label applicators are machines used to apply pressure-sensitive labels directly to product containers, bottles, packages, or drums. Rolls of labels are loaded into the applicators, then applied to the products. There are two general categories of applicators, those that apply pre-printed labels and those that print information directly onto the labels and then apply them to products. Typically, brands using professional product labels have them printed by a label manufacturer, who then coordinates the label printing to match an apply-only label application system.
Types of Label Applicators
There are three primary types of label applicators, all of which can be set up to support either an apply-only or a print-and-apply system:
- Integrated automated label applicators
- Stand-alone labelers
- Semi-automated applicators
Integrated, Automated Label Applicators
Today, new label applicators have emerged to cost-effectively automate or streamline the labeling process. An integrated, automated label applicator is a turnkey solution that’s pre-built and fully integrated into a manufacturer’s product handling system. In these setups, products move along a conveyor, where a label applicator head then applies the labels. They can use either an in-line mode of operation, wherein products are automatically placed on the conveyor or an offline mode of operation, wherein they’re manually placed on the conveyor for labeling.
A semi-automated label applicator is a machine that has an operator place a product into a fixture or jig assembly then apply the label using a foot pedal or sensor located within the machine.
Standalone Label Applicators
A standalone label applicator is simply a labeling assembly. It can be integrated with an existing or third party product handling system and may include a portable head mount or be installed directly onto a conveyor or another machine.
Key Considerations When Selecting a Label Applicator
When you invest in a label application system, you’ll want to ensure that it matches up properly with your product and operation. Some key considerations include:
- Product surface — The applicator must account for the product’s surface and material, whether its flat, concave, convex, textured, slick, or otherwise.
- Label size and shape — Applicators must fit the width, length, and shape of your labels.
- Label materials — Your equipment should be compatible with whichever label materials you select such as paper, film, foil, and more.
- Application rate — Industrial label applicators need to meet your production rate requirements and should be scalable for an increase or decrease in production.
- Accuracy requirements — The applicator must fit your accuracy tolerances for label placement.
- Location of label — Applicators should be able to apply the label to the correct part of your product whatever its shape may be.
We’re a Full-Service Labeling System Distributor
Vivid Data Group is experienced in a variety of labeling systems and is one of the largest authorized distributors of label application equipment.
Our professional sales staff will help you find the perfect solution for all of your label application needs. With factory-trained service technicians, we can work on installations, training, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, parts, and support for your application needs.
We’ll ensure you get the perfect application solution for your operation with a system that’s:
- Easy to use
- Sensible for your environment
- Able to meet your speed requirements