Epson ColorWorks C831 – End of Life
Epson’s ColorWorks C831 has been an industrial-strength inkjet color label printer that is ideal for GHS large format drum and chemical labels and more for years. Epson has announced the end of life for the Epson C831 printer. The Epson C6500A color label printer is the best replacement for the Epson C831. The new line of Epson color label printers comes in four models. All four models combine all the benefits of a rugged color inkjet printer with the ability to produce color labels that are BS5609 Certified.
- End of Life Printer – Epson C8311 Model: C11CC68121
- Replacement Printer – Epson C6500A Model: C31CH77A9991 – Gloss Version or C31CH77A9991 – Matte Version
Additional Printer Models:
- Epson C6000A Model: C31CH76A9991 – Gloss Version or C31CH76A9981 – Matte Version
- Epson C6000P Model: C31CH76A9971 – Gloss Version or C31CH76A9971 – Matte Version
- Epson C6500P Model: C31CH77A9971 – Gloss Version or C31CH77A9961 – Matte Version
Benefits of the Epson C6500A printer:
- Reliability you can count on — engineered by Epson for demanding applications; backed by industry-leading service and support
- The first printer specifically designed as a color upgrade to black-and-white thermal transfer printers — with similar media handling capabilities, speed, features, and connectivity options, all at a comparable price point
- Enhanced productivity — eliminate the need to pre-print; speeds up to 5″ per second; fast time to first label
- Astounding image quality — up to 1200 dpi resolution with various droplet sizes; crisp images comparable to pre-printed labels
- Seamless integration — compatible with ZPL II, major middleware, SAP, Windows®, Mac® and Linux
- Remote printer management — for managing large fleets over the network
- Auto cutter included — ideal for fast, on-demand applications
- Applicator I/O control port for truly automated workflow — supports I/O commands; can be integrated into nearly any workflow
- Low cost — comparable to existing thermal transfer printers
- Durable, high-quality labels — meets BS 5609 certification
With an 8″ built-in auto cutter covering the full spectrum of label sizes to create variable-length labels and enable easy job separation, these new ColorWorks models offer cost and inventory reductions compared to using pre-printed labels.
ZPL-ABILITY and Enterprise-ABILITY
The Epson C6500A is one of the first color inkjet label printers to offer ZPL II (Zebra Programming Language) compatibility for enterprise-level label printing. They can be used as a direct “plug and play” replacement for your existing thermal label printers running ZPL. If you are ordering pre-printed labels and running them through thermal label printers to print the variable data, the new Epson C6500A color inkjet label printer can easily replace your existing thermal label printers and print both the color images and the variable data all in one pass – eliminating the need for you to carry a costly inventory of preprinted labels. Running SAP? The Epson C6500A offers out-of-the-box integration with SAP.
Depend-ABILITY and Mission Critical-ABILITY
The Epson C6500 series color inkjet label printers are built tough and are able to withstand the rigors of mission-critical label printing – on the production floor, on the shipping dock, and in the warehouse. Just like your existing thermal label printers, you can depend on the C6500 series color inkjet label printers to reliably print labels for your mission-critical labeling needs with minimal downtime. And they are backed up by Epson’s robust ExpressCare™ service program, with options for onsite and depot service, and extended warranty programs.
The Epson ColorWorks C6500A produces crisp high-resolution color output using PrecisonCore CMYK pigment ink printing technology. The printed color image is very durable and able to withstand handling, abrasion, moisture, and resist fading. There are 5 print quality settings with resolutions up to 1200 x 1200. The C6500A label printer prints color labels from 1” up to 8.34” wide. It’s perfect for printing 6” color labels, 8” chemical drum GHS labels, and 2-up color labels.
The Epson C6500 series color inkjet label printer offers an automated cutter (Epson ColorWorks C6500A) or peel and present (Epson ColorWorks C6500P) options. The peel-and-present option makes labeling easier by enabling operators to send a large batch print job and the printer prints one label at a time with the liner already removed. The “label taken” sensor senses when the operator takes the label before it prints the next one. The remote I/O capabilities enable these printers to easily integrate with automated label applicators for a true “print-one-apply-one” automated workflow.
The Epson C6500 series printers feature a full-color touchscreen panel that displays printer status label media settings and ink levels. Both label rolls and fanfold labels are supported and the cover opens in both directions for easy access. The printers offer Remote Printer Management, enabling organizations to manage fleets of printers. Checking consumable status, updating firmware, confirming errors, etc. can be managed from a central location using the C6500 series of printers. Using the “spot color replacement” feature, users can easily change the color without changing the original artwork. ICC color profiles can be uploaded directly to the printer. And Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems are fully supported.