Epson’s ColorWorks C831 has been an industrial-strength inkjet color label printer is ideal for GHS large format drum and chemical labels and more for years. As of June 2020, Epson announced the end of life for the for the Epson C831. The Epson C6000 series color label printer is replacing the Epson C831. The new line of Epson color label printers come in four models. All four models combine all the benefits of a rugged color inkjet printer with the ability to product color labels that are BS5609 certified.
- End of Life Printer – Epson C8311 Model: C11CC68121
- Replacement Printer – Epson C6500 Model: C31CH77A9991 (Gloss version) or C31CH77A9991 (Matte version)
- Additional Printer Models:
- Epson C6000A Model: C31CH76A9991 (Gloss Version or C31CH76A9981 (Matte Version)
- Epson C6000P Model: C31CH76A9971 (Gloss Version) or C31CH76A9971 (Matte Version)
- Epson C6500P Model: C31CH77A9971 (Gloss Version) or C31CH77A9961 (Matte Version)
Offering a $250 Trade-In Credit for your old Epson C831 printer with the purchase of a new Epson C6000/C6500 printer
The Epson C6500A is the first printer specifically designed as a color upgrade to black-and-white thermal transfer printers1, the ColorWorks CW-C6500A inkjet printer delivers on-demand, 8″ color labels at a comparable price2. Engineered for mission-critical applications, this reliable printer speeds through labels at up to 5″ per second3. Featuring up to 1200 dpi resolution, the CW-C6500A produces crisp images comparable to pre-printed labels. Compatible with ZPL II, SAP® and more, and built to accommodate remote printer management, this versatile printer offers seamless integration with your existing workflow. And, it comes standard with an auto cutter to create variable length labels and enable easy job separation.
The C6500A matte printer comes with black ink that delivers a darker black on matte and plain paper label media, compared to the gloss black ink. This ink is not recommended for printing on gloss label media.
Benefits of the Epson C6000 Series printers include:
- Reliability you can count on — engineered by Epson for demanding applications; backed by industry-leading service and support
- First printer specifically designed as a color upgrade to black-and-white thermal transfer printers1 — with similar media handling capabilities, speed, features and connectivity options, all at a comparable price point
- Enhanced productivity — eliminate the need to pre-print; speeds up to 5″ per second3; fast time to first label
- Astounding image quality — up to 1200 dpi resolution with various droplet sizes; crisp images comparable to pre-printed labels
- Seamless integration — compatible with ZPL II, major middleware, SAP, Windows®, Mac® and Linux
- Remote printer management — for managing large fleets over the network
- Auto cutter included — ideal for fast, on-demand applications
- Applicator I/O control port for truly automated workflow — supports I/O commands; can be integrated into nearly any workflow
- Low cost — comparable to existing thermal transfer printers
- Durable, high-quality labels — meets BS 5609 certification
With a 8″ built-in auto cutter covering the full spectrum of label sizes to create variable-length labels and enable easy job separation, these new ColorWorks models offer cost and inventory reductions compared to using pre-printed labels.
printhead technology delivers ultra sharp text and precise barcodes. It also produces varying droplet sizes that, coupled with a 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution, can produce a huge gamut of vibrant, accurate colors, smooth gradations and fine image details. So, whether the challenge is to produce complex informational labels or high-quality product labels, the CW-C6000 series is up to the challenge.
ESC/Label and ZPL II Interface Languages
ZPL II capabilities allow you to experience the advantages of Epson inkjet technology without reprogramming existing systems. ESC/Label command extensions can be added to unlock the power of color. Leverage color for color-coded fields, product pictures, logos and marketing messages to improve overall business processes and brand image.
Remote Management Tools
Epson made the CW-C6000 family for large-scale enterprise environments. To support these high-volume scenarios, a wide range of remote management tools are available. These allow IT and support teams to remotely monitor the status of large fleets of printers, generate email alerts on items needing attention, remotely deploy firmware updates, set up complex network environments, and view or modify settings from any computer browser or Android™
General-purpose I/O Port
Designed for mission-critical production, all CW-C6000 family printers come equipped with a general-purpose I/O port. This gives automation developers all the control they need to seamlessly integrate the printer into their automated workflow. The port provides all the necessary information on supply levels, status, faults and readiness. Inputs enable users to pause, clean and print.
Versatile Ink Types
The CW-C6000 family uses highly durable pigment-based inks with both gloss and matte versions available to best suit the labeling application. The gloss black ink can print on a wider variety of substrates. The matte black ink offers a darker, sharper black text and images on matte media. Both have been BS5609 certified.